Saturday, 29 November 2014

Burberry's New Girl

style.com
Burberry Prorsum Pre-Fall 2015





























Burberry is one of those brands that I tend to fall in and out of love with.  And Christopher Bailey's Pre-Fall 2015 Collection for the label definitely falls into the former camp.

Leather, faux fur, layering, and black!  All fashioned around a slim silhouette. It's ticking all the right boxes. I know what I like style wise, and I'm happy to buy into whichever brand speaks my language at any given moment.  Why stick rigidly to a certain stable of designers or brands?  To me, it's the mix that's all part of the fun of fashion.

The last time I fell for an entire Burberry collection was back in 2007, when Bailey's 'Burberry Girl' was portrayed as a rather tough cookie.  Inspired by the brand's logo - a medieval knight on a charger - the season's clothes and accessories took quite a dramatic turn, with studded trench coats, safety pin decorated sweaters, and plenty of black patent!  
  

style.com
Burberry Prorsum AW 2007



























I was well and truly won over, and invested in several pieces from the collection, including a beautiful black/metallic trench coat that I still wear today.

This latest collection is, for me at least, another winner...


View the 2015 Pre-Fall Collection here

No comments:

Post a Comment