Wednesday, 3 September 2014
How To Be Parisian Wherever You Are
My much awaited pre-order has arrived. Meet my new self help manual!
Seriously, this lovely little book, written by four accomplished Frenchwomen, aims to shed light on what it really means to be a Parisienne. And not just in terms of that seemingly elusive insouciant style.
Across short, humorous sections, the women share their views on culture, attitude and men, as well as fashion, and make fun of their complicated, often contradictory feelings and behaviour.
Tips and tricks on how to get the Parisian look abound, so I thought I'd share with you what, according to the authors, you won't find in a Parisienne's closet...
* Three inch heels. Why live half way?
* Logos. You are not a billboard.
* Nylon, polyester, viscose, and vinyl will make you sweaty, smelly and shiny.
* Sweatpants. No man should ever see you in those. Except your gym teacher - and even then. Leggings are tolerated.
* Blingy jeans with embroidery and holes in them. They belong to Bollywood.
* UGG boots. Enough said.
* A skimpy top. Because you're not fifteen anymore.
* A fake designer bag. Like fake breasts, you can't fix your insecurities through forgery.
For style inspiration visit my 'Parisian Chic' Pinterest board here
You can now buy a copy of the book here
Posted by Julie Hurst at 07:46