Tuesday, 2 September 2014

How I Styled It...

Past & Precious



























How to 'dress down', without simply resorting to pulling on a pair of jeans, is a question I'm often asked by my clients.  Not only has the boredom factor often set in by this stage, but they're also conscious that they're not getting as much wear out of their other clothes as they could be.  So in this week's window, I've tackled the dilemma that is 'dressing down'...

As a statement piece, I would typically pair this checked Burberry skirt with something simple, and in a neutral colour, so that it quite rightly takes centre stage.  But teaming it with a black or white top would create quite a dramatic outfit, and as I wanted to put something a little more casual together, I chose this caramel Joseph sweater.

Styling the skirt with this particular top half creates a much more relaxed 'dressed down' look. The colour is a softer neutral than graphic black or white, and using a fine cashmere sweater rather than something like a stiff shirt is a far less formal option. 

The deep v-neck of the knit keeps the look contemporary, and the addition of the simple Tom Binns cross serves to up the cool factor.

Adding a pair of pull on boots or pointy flats would finish the look off perfectly, Past & Precious stock permitting! Instead, I decided to style the outfit up a touch further, with this lovely Coach leather bag. 

The colour of the 'Borough' bag complements the caramel knit, ensuring the overall look still blends seamlessly together, and its subtle silver hardware also ties in nicely with the sterling silver cross. 


Burberry Skirt
Size: 10 / Price: £65.00

Joseph Knit
Size: 14 / Price: £75.00

Tom Binns Necklace
Price: £100.00

Coach Bag (New/Unworn)
Price: £325.00 (Cost New £575.00)


To register your interest in an item or items, click here and we'll keep you updated regarding their availability.

To book a personal style consultation with me, simply pop in and see me at the shop or click here for my contact details.

No comments:

Post a Comment