|Image via Pinterest|
Growing up, many of us are made aware of certain 'rules' which should be followed when getting dressed if we want to avoid those fashion faux pas. But in this day and age, how many of them are simply outdated?
In stylecaster.com's '50 Fashion Rules to Break Right Now' Perrie Samotin looks at these former sartorial sins, and I thought I'd share my top ten personal fashion peeves with you...
1. Denim on denim is a no no.
2. Every woman must own a trench. Or ballet flats. Or a black shift dress.
3. Navy and black don't go together.
4. Sneakers are only for the gym.
5. Horizontal stripes make you look larger.
6. Mixed prints are too busy.
7. Shorts are only for summer.
8. Red and pink clash.
9. Sequins can't be worn during the day.
10.No short skirts after 40.
As Perrie says "Wear what makes you feel awesome!".
To read her article in full click here