Thursday, 13 February 2014

Kate Moss: How to Dress Well

Image via Pinterest





































In a recent article for The Irish Independent, Vogue's new contributing fashion editor shared her secrets to supermodel style...


Look to the Past
Most women will have an era in fashion that they're drawn towards for inspiration. I really love the late Sixties and Seventies. I don't channel it in everything I wear, but it does seem to feed through most outfits. It's important to have some inspiration or a reference point when you're dressing.

Work Your Style
It's often only other people who notice you have a signature style. If you do tend to wear the same things all the time, it's how you wear them and your attitude that counts. Dressing is like modelling – you can constantly adapt and change.

Dress for Your Mood
If you're going to an important dinner, you should plan what you're going to wear. If I'm going to an event, I make sure I plan ahead, so that I don't have a fashion crisis. However, most of the time, I dress depending on my mood.

Be Prepared to Suffer 
I prefer to be comfortable, and sometimes fancy wearing flat shoes, but there are definitely occasions where you've just got to go with heels. Sometimes, it's more important to be well-presented than to be comfortable. 


The Finishing Touches 
It's important to accessorise, and I always turn to the scarves, hats and sunglasses in my wardrobe. But wearing too many accessories at once can look very bad. And jewellery? I don't think you can ever have too much.




To read Kate's style guide in full click here

No comments:

Post a Comment