Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Tools of the Trade






















I've recently invested in a couple of Louise Young make up brushes (another Ruth Crilly recommendation) and have been really pleased with the results. So I thought I'd share the details with you.

I used to apply my foundation with my finger tips, which is great if I want quite a full coverage.  But for a sheerer, more even finish I don't think you can beat a brush. 



Super Foundation Brush LY34


























And this foundation brush has been really easy to get to grips with. The bristles are also stiff enough to buff the product onto my skin, without being too harsh. 




Super Blusher Brush LY06


























This is the softest blusher brush I've ever used.  And although it picks up quite a bit of powder, it doesn't deposit it all in one place!  The clever design makes it really easy to gradually build up the colour to a depth I'm happy with. 


I bought my brushes online from BeautyBay here

No comments:

Post a Comment