Friday, 10 January 2014

A Must 'C'

www.imdb.com


























If you follow me on Twitter, you'll have seen my retweet (and resounding support) of Kate Lawson's recent article on thestylecon.com about the lack of serious fashion on TV. Something which I bemoan often when yet another 'makeover' programme hits our screens.

Fashion can be frivolous yes, but as well as being a rather significant part of all of our lives, the industry itself is worth a staggering £21bn to the UK economy!  So, I don't think it's too much to ask of the powers that be that they take it just a little more seriously sometimes?   

You won't be surprised to learn then, that whenever it's announced in the press that a fashion documentary or film is in the works, I'm (almost) counting the days until its release date.  And 'Mademoiselle C' was my latest indulgence. 

I watched the film over the holidays, a documentary that follows fashion stylist and former Editor of French Vogue, Carine Roitfeld, in the months leading up to the launch of her eponymous magazine 'CR Fashion Book'.  Whether you can call it 'serious' is a matter for debate I admit, but it gives the viewer a fascinating insight into the workings of the industry and the lives of the people who inhabit Carine's world.



CR Fashion Book Issue 3


    























What I enjoyed most about the film was seeing Carine the person, rather than the fashion personality.  Her mode of dressing can be considered quite 'fierce', and so I have tended to think of her in that way.  But seeing her on camera, nothing could be further from the truth.  You discover the real woman behind the clothes.



Image via Pinterest

























And the funniest moment of the film? Seeing Karl Lagerfeld pushing a pram.  Priceless! 



For more details of the film click here

No comments:

Post a Comment