Sunday, 8 December 2013

How to...Wear Sparkle

thefashionspot.com
                         Rachel Zoe                                                  Rue de Mail                                                 Louis Vuitton























No seasonal soirée is complete without a dose of haute holiday sheen.  So says thefashionspot.com's Megan Correla.  However, adding a bit of shimmer to your look doesn't necessarily mean outshining the Christmas tree! 

As many of you will know, I'm a fan of a bit of sparkle myself, and you'll often see me sporting the odd sequin or two.  But I do like to mix this molton look with the unexpected, such as a pair of distressed jeans or a fluffy knit. I love to play with contrasts.     

If you still need some convincing, these images from the autumn/winter catwalks also show that it isn't all about the bling, so why not take the plunge?  It's Christmas after all. What better time to shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment