|Image via Pinterest|
As president and creative director of the American retail giant J Crew, Jenna Lyons has never been far from fashion's headlines. But following the brand's much feted opening of its first UK store last week, her name is one we're sure to be hearing much more of.
And it's not just her success in business that has the fashion world buzzing. Jenna Lyons' personal style is also the subject of countless blogs, and has garnered her a dedicated following.
In a recent interview, the "...thinking woman's fashion pinup", according to Grazia Magazine, spoke about her style rules, and so I thought I'd share them with you...
1. Don't divide your wardrobe into smart and casual. Mix it up.
2. Trend is a dirty word.
3. Freshening up your look doesn't always have to be about buying something new.
4. Party dressing should never be head-to-toe shine and sparkle.
5. Details matter.
6. Mix colours in your jewellery, as well as your clothes.
7. Don't feel you have to wear a quirky look every day.
8. A masculine element will make any outfit more chic.
9. Don't ignore all those fabulous neon orange and moss-green pieces because you are not confident with colour.
10.You can't go wrong with cashmere.
Jenna Lyons spoke to The Guardian and you can read the full article here