Sunday, 10 November 2013

How to...Find Your Fashion Personality

Image via Pinterest





































Following the release of her documentary 'Mademoiselle C' on DVD, Carine Roitfeld, ├╝ber stylist and fashion editor, was interviewed by fashiontelegraph.co.uk about her unique sense of style.

So I thought I'd share with you the former French Vogue editor's top tips for finding your own fashion personality...

Exhibit your individuality
Amidst globalisation, trends are becoming worldwide, so it's important to take a unique approach to what fashion has to offer. Be yourself in the middle of it all; fashion shouldn't be try-hard.  The woman is always more significant than the clothes.

Stick to what suits you
Consistent style shows confidence, and knowing what suits you saves time when you are choosing what to wear. 

Highlight your strengths
Find something you like about your appearance and accentuate it. 

Don't shop the trends
Only buy clothes that you plan to keep forever. 

Choose pieces with character
"Comfort" is not part of my fashion vocabulary. You lose attitude when you feel too comfortable, so I prefer to wear clothes that have a certain edge to them. 

Dress from the head down
My hair and make-up secret is "the messier the better". And messy hair adds a certain youthfulness to a look. Like everyone, I am trying to hide the signs of ageing as I get older, though I do respect my age.


To read the article in full click here

No comments:

Post a Comment