Tuesday, 28 May 2013

New Additions























I don't usually post details of beauty products, but these two new additions to my make up bag are most definitely blog worthy...

I like to use a primer under my foundation, and have read lots of great reviews about the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. But at £52 a pot, I've been reluctant to take the plunge without testing it out first - I've found that many primers can be quite drying on my skin and others seem to have no visible effect at all.

UK stockists of the Hourglass range are limited to Liberty and selected SpaceNK stores (not Tunbridge Wells), so getting hold of a sample (if they do such a thing) hasn't been easy. When I then discovered that they'd launched a £20 travel size, I thought I'd bite the bullet.  It was definitely worth the investment... 

A little goes a long way - I only need a single application - and the results are immediate and long lasting.  The slight redness I have on my cheeks, and the pigmentation marks that I'm always trying to disguise, almost disappear under my foundation, and my skin looks flawless all day. I've certainly no qualms about buying the full size now.  

My other great find is this By Terry Hyaluronic Blush.  I'm a recent convert to cream blusher, as I find that it produces a more natural glow than powder. And this new product is a revelation.

It comes in two shades, one peach based and the other pink. I wanted to try the 'Blushberry' given my skin tone, and although it looks quite scarily bright, I'm delighted with the results.

Applying the tiniest bit with a traditional blusher blush gives me very natural but still visible glow.  And rather than looking like I'm obviously wearing blusher, the finish mirrors my natural 'blush', which makes the blue of my eyes pop! A sure sign that the colour's just right.

I don't know about you, but I seem to find that many of the products out there just don't live up to my (high) expectations, and end up gathering dust at the back of the cupboard.  It's so nice to find two that are worth shouting about!


PS I've since noticed that the blush is a Limited Edition.  Time to stock up!

No comments:

Post a Comment