Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Take My Picture

click here to view























Today, the biannual round of catwalk shows has become as much about who is wearing what off the runway as the designs the models are sporting on it.

And the ever increasing number of bloggers who congregate outside the show venues hoping to be photographed, as well as their impact on the industry, sparked a hot debate among fashion folk this season.     

I must admit, I enjoy seeing both the runway and real life looks at show time. However, I didn't appreciate the extent of the media scrum surrounding the so called street style 'stars' until I saw this short film commissioned by Garage Magazine. Quite astonishing...



Links
The Circus of Fashion - Suzy Menkes
In the Glare of Fashions Growing Circus a Double Standard? - The Business of Fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment