Jil Sander's less is more approach to fashion won her countless fans, and after an eight year absence from the catwalk, the German designer has returned to her eponymous label.
In the latest edition of Harper's Bazaar, she shares with Kay Barron her top tips for mastering minimalism SS13 style.
- Pieces must work just as well on their own, as well as harmonise with your existing wardrobe.
- Keep it modern - fashion has been too retrospective for too long!
- Quality and shape are key - place a high value on the quality of materials, the workmanship and the essential shape.
- Perfect the essentials - a white shirt and a great coat are the answer to many problems.
- It's never too early to refine your own style - refinement is always alluring.
- You always need to feel like yourself.
Jil Sander's influence can be seen in the collections of many contemporary designers, and here are a few of the most modern minimalist looks from the spring/summer catwalks...
Look out for future posts in this series...
To learn more about booking a personal styling appointment simply pop in and see me at the shop or click here for my contact details.
How to...Shop Smart