Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Signature Styling #8

The Sunday Times Style Magazine


























I've had some great feedback on my last Signature post (Signature Styling #7), which took issue with this recent press article on dressing for your age.

Here's my favourite comment, which did put a smile on my face...

" I wouldn't bother to get up if I had to dress like an old lady...And I would never be without a leather jacket and I'm 61 eeeeek!!  Right now I must get on and do the ironing...wearing my skinny jeans, slightly low rise, Isabel Marant blouse and Tods trainers...for my age I should be in an M&S grannies dress and pinny!"  

To balance her argument the article's author, Flossie Saunders, also listed those items she feels we can wear when we reach a certain age.  And while I also take issue with most of these as, amongst other things, they take no account of individual taste, colouring or body shape, I do wholeheartedly agree with adopting these three pieces of fashion advice, whatever your age...

* Invest in on trend bags and shoes
* Wear your good clothes - all the time
* Keep experimenting



Look out for future posts in this series...

To learn more about booking a personal styling appointment simply pop in and see me at the shop or click here for my contact details. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment